House needs work but licensed contractors bid too high? Don’t worry!
Oregon Construction Contractors Board allows performance of limited construction work without holding a license. Anyone who is able bodied can perform handyman, painting, deck repair, maintenance and related services as long as the work is limited to following rules:
- These projects must have a contract value of less than $1,000.
- They must involve work that is actual, minor or inconsequential. This means the work:
- Is not structural
- Does not affect the health or safety of the owner or occupant
- Does not include work performed as a subcontractor to a licensed contractor
- Does not involve lead paint or door or window replacement
- No advertising is allowed.
You have read it correctly. Handyman can work without license all day long. Yet they can’t advertise. One may wonder, how do home owners find experienced handymen? Easiest way is through word of mouth or through websites like this one.
Are you a home owner in need of help around property? Developer with too many projects to handle? Property manager with associated property maintenance issues and not enough time?
Add your project to the a database where registered handymen can browse projects, reply, collaborate on projects, trade services and much more.